Russian salad recipe
A popular Russian entree made with diced vegetables and mayonnaise dressing. This is a creamy addictive salad made with lots of veggies and mayonnaise. The flavor and texture of the Russian Salad is quite different from the standard salads, as it uses parboiled veggies rather than raw ones.
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 cup french beans chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup boiled sweet potato cut in cubes
- 3 cups mayonnaise sauce
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- Boil chopped vegetables, to bite like consistency, drain and chill.
- Then mix the sauce, salt, black pepper and mustard powder with vegetables
- serve chilled
When cooking the veggies, ensure that you do not overcook them – because the vibrant colors and crispness of the vegetables have to be retained. Combining such perfectly cooked veggies with canned pineapple gives the salad a sweet and tangy flavour, while dressing it in mayonnaise and fresh cream adds to its lusciousness. Serve this salad chilled, to enhance the flavour and crunch.